16 Nov 2016

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE





Remedy for depressed people




more participants here


*********
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
The only happy thought I have for the moment is, that I am going on holidays to the Red Sea in Egypt for two weeks on the 26th !

2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________
I certainly don't go fishing and kill poor fishes ! And a nap during the day makes me dizzy and then I am in a bad mood ! I am happy when the weather is sunny, I can go out, or just watching my cats playing, or going out for lunch with friends.

3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
Behind my computer 

4. What song never fails to make you happy?
No song makes me happy, not even the song "Happy"



If you want to see a "Happy" Brussels ! (made after the terrorist attacks on March 23)

But I love "The show must go on" from Freddy Mercury.  That puts me in a swinging mood when I am depressed !

5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include? Never heard of a National Fast Food Day, and as it is "National" I don't think we have that here. The Belgians (except the kids) are very much against fast food. I don't remember having eaten fast food except Pizzas, if these are fast food !

6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I love writing and I am happy when people read what I write ! BTW this is the answer to n° 2 !!

7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
Seven things ??? I can't even think of one ! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wished my sprained ankle would be completely healed ! 













7 comments:

  1. They think of the weirdest things: National Fast Food Day. I must admit, I do partake on occasion, but having a day dedicated to it sounds a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking about what makes me happy makes me happy.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/11/orlandos-in-taos-best-mexican-food-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your holiday sounds amazing, is there room for a little one???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Brussels version of "Happy", so uplifting! Thanks for sharing. I agree, we Americans are a bit over the top with all the national days..this one makes no sense to me, just what are we celebrating or honoring on "Fast Food" day? I do love a fast hot container of french fries on occasion, maybe I should be celebrating that!?! Have a great week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, Georgia, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your sprained ankle is getting you down so posting about happiness probably wasn't an ideal Hodgepodge for you this week. I hope the ankle improves so that you can get out and about again. But a holiday in Egypt is definitely something to look forward to. Nice to get away to the sun when your own weather is getting cold and miserable.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !