9 Sept 2016

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY

1.The weatherman had announced a nice and sunny Monday which meant that it was grey and not very inspiring to go out when not absolutely necessary. I had a lot of comments to answer which I did. After working on my computer I suddenly was fed up and thought I will look for children books as Toby my grandson loves books and he is coming this weekend. We had a little shop with second hand books of all kinds but it became so big, that they had to move and now it is an enormous store and nicely put in order per theme and sections. Before it was a mess and you had to go through all books to find what you wanted. Satisfied with my shopping I returned home.

2. Nicole's son had his wedding last Saturday, and she wanted to show me some pictures. I had a bone for Charlie which made him very happy, unfortunately I have to stop with bones because he gets sick !



Poor Charlie, that was the last one

3.We were talking about the wedding and had a lot to laugh. Apparently it was a very funny one, not religious and lots of funny speeches and a video of their lives. Nicole who had been very reluctant to go to this wedding (it's the second one) told me that she had never had such a funny one than this !

4. Suddenly it became really hot again 28° ! We thought this might be the last real summer day, so Ilona, Nicole and I decided to go back to the lake we had been two weeks before !



We arrived just at noon and had lunch at the lake. The hamburger we got was so huge, that Charlie had a lot of left overs to eat, which of course made him very happy !



Then we sat in the sun, under our umbrellas and watched dogs and kids playing. As school had started there were not so many people there a few more late afternoon, because on Wednesdays kids have the afternoon off.



Charlie was in his element, he loves swimming and on top he had found a girlfriend, a very friendly Labrador. They always came close to us when they came out of the water and shook the water off their fur and we had a shower for free !

5. My painting class started too again and we have a few newcomers. It was very nice to see each other after 2 months, although some of us had met during the holidays. Now I am really back into normal life again ! 






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY

19 comments:

  1. It does one good to get out and about and you have the facility of a beautiful lake nearby where you can relax in the sun. Charlie looks content chewing his bone and I expect he enjoyed the left-over hamburgers! Enjoy your weekend with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs have so fun! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lake looks lovely and you obviously had a lot of fun there, especially Charlie! I'm always in two minds about September. Like you I'm glad to get back into normal routines but I don't enjoy the prospect of shorter days and cold wet weather. Enjoy the time with Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the bookshop is such a success now. I have heard that bones can make a dog sick: I just hope this never happens for Skabenga. he wears a watch on his wrist which tells the exact bone time every night! That lake looks super and Charlie seems to have had great fun. Hope your weather stays nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the wedding was really fun! I wish the newlywed couple a happy life together! Love the photos from the lake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lake really does look very good. It is not over developed. Just a place to have fun. I don't like a dog shower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Charlie has been having a good time. Shame about the bones though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice post, full of happy times. I smile just seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The azure blue of the sky makes such a change. You could almost be in the South of France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book store sounds fun! So does the lake visit. Hope you have a great visit with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had such a lovely day at the lake! The water and sky look beautiful. And Charlie looked like he an especially nice time!

    I love shopping for children's books - especially at a used bookstore. We have a great one with prices around $1-$1.50.

    Hope you have a wonderful visit with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Isn't that the way it always is with the weather forecast? Sunny day = foggy and rainy!
    Your afternoon at the lake was a great opportunity to enjoy the 'last summer day'. Obviously, Charlie had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear how happy you sound. The day at the lake looked like good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlie looks like one happy pup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a good week! Lots of good things happening. Hope you enjoy your painting class. Thank you for joining in. I hope you are having a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wedding sounds fun and wonderful! Charlie looks so cute. Loved your pictures enjoying the sunshine! I hope you have a great painting class. I will be taking one, I think, after we get settled in to our new home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer is winding down here too. For once, it was a pleasant one with not too many very hot days. Autumn is in the air and the nights are a bit cooler. Hopefully we will also get some rain soon. Everything is very dry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have 2 second hand bookshops in town. One is a mess and the other is quite neat and organized but tends to have the higher prices of the two. Everytime I've gone the messier one seems busier. The lake days look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. After all there is something good about Fall! All your regular fun activities start again.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !