27 Aug 2015

ORGAN DONORS

 Letter O

For many patients suffering from chronic, irreversible conditions, an organ transplant is the last possible treatment open to them. A heart, liver or kidney can save their life. Unfortunately, the demand for organs is currently greater than their supply.

What do you think about donating your organs to save lives ? In Belgium the law says that organs can be removed from  each deceased person unless he has a certified document which says that he doesn't agree. If you are not sure about your relative's reactions you can also get a certificate that you agree to donations even if your family doesn't agree. This certificate helps to avoid discussions between the doctors and the family. In short from each deceased person organs can be removed.

I don't know the legislation in other countries, but I think this is a good solution. For me personally I don't care what happens after my death. If there are healthy organs, they can take out whatever is still useful to save lives. Mr. G. thinks the same. So many lives could be saved if everybody would agree to donate organs ! Those who believe in God and have doubts because they could arrive in paradise as a puzzle are wrong in my opinion. I am sure that God prefers saving lives than have an entire body being buried. Anyway nobody knows for sure what happens after your death. Some people are afraid it would hurt, but once you are dead you are dead and you shouldn't feel anything. Others believe they could be only apparently dead, but times where you were laying in a coffin with a little bell besides you just in case are long over.

What is your opinion about this delicate theme ?





Jenny Matlock
more participants at Jenny Matlock's Alphabet Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - I agree ... and yes the heart must be full of love wherever it lives ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can take whatever they want. It's not as if I will need it once I am dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the opposite here. Even if you carry an organ donor card, which means you consent to your organs being donated, family can override this and stop any donation. Really, not that my organs will be of much use to anyone, but why would I want them when I am dead?

    Our close friend had a heart transplant when she was in her early forties. More than ten years later, she is well, works and contributes to the community. While you are not told whose heart it is, she worked it out as being from a young man killed in a car accident. Much gratitude is due to his family who made the decision and saved our friend's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've registered years ago to the Society for Organs Donors and my family knows I want to donate. Religion won't stop me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is good concept and much needed but then again must be used judiciously if a person is in a car accident, for instance, and taken to the hospital ~ who decides when a person should be given extended life support or not when 'organ donor' is on license??? Just a thought

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have discussed it and are both in agreement. We would want our organs to be donated if they could help others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Belgium has an excellent policy to remove organs from the deceased. We have to join and organ donors society (I keep meaning to do it!) And I don't care what happens to my parts when I'm dead and gone. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who had a cornea transplant from an accident victim. It saved his eyesight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is a good concept.
    To be of use once you're dead sounds amazing.
    And I enjoyed the little snippet following the post.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !