23 Jan 2017

WEEKEND REVIEW January 21

It's still freezing and I took the opportunity and emptied our freezer and put the few things which were still inside in the garden, so it could defrost.

The afternoon I spent with Ilona, she had met a man and wanted to have my opinion. He was bald like a snooker ball, and had the same size as me not really what I would call a handsome man,  but he was very friendly, and a good talker. So I gave her "green light" under the condition not to fall in love, but only go out with him as a friend, as usual men that age are married and pretend they would leave their wives, which of course they never do !

Later we were invited to my neighbor's 78th birthday ! In April it will be 42 years that we are neighbors ! That's half a life !



Here we are all together she and her two daughters and me. We had a real nice time.



The youngest daughter had prepared a lot of different appetizers had baked them in the oven and we drank champagne with them. After that we had two birthday cakes, it was delicious. She then showed me the kitchen and said yes I have worked the whole morning to prepare the appetizers and the cakes look : and on the table were all the empty boxes which had contained the frozen starters.They also buy their food at Picard.

Sunday I spent with Nicole, she had got her daughter's little computer and needed some help.
Now she had got used to the tablet, she has forgotten about the computer and wanted to open Firefox with her finger !



and while we were busy with the computer, Charlie ate a block of ice on the terrace and then settled down in front of the open fire.


10 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - definitely the right kind of things to do for the weekend we've just had ... good too that Ilona has found a companion for things ... glad all is well .. cheers from a very misty Eastbourne - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to use the freezing weather as a helper to defrosting the freezer! Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good that you are friends with your neighbours for so long. Often neighbours fall out about something. Perhaps they don't adjoin and their trees don't grow over your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I do a lot of box cooking. I simply cannot be on my feet too long. We are preparing for an ice storm tonight and tomorrow, so perhaps this is a good time to defrost the freezer and go through it as well. I have a deep freeze and things get lost in the bottom!
    I also am getting oil delivered as we are nearly out and our driveway is all down hill 600 feet! The poor trucks have a terrible time when it is slippery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating a block of ice? I am shivering all over right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its lovely to have the same neighbours for such a long time, they must have become more like family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your neighbor! Looks like everyone had a great time :-) It's wonderful you've been neighbors for such a long time and also good friends.
    I'm familiar with side effects of using tablet...I tried to use fingers to navigate laptop many times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear people moving quite often and me I like to stay put.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess the ice didn't make Charlie too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun weekend. I want one of those Picard stores .... next door to me would be great ;>). (We actually do have something like that within walking distance when we're in Oregon. Not here in florida though.)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !