24 Dec 2015

AT THE AIRPORT IN EGYPT

On our return flight from Egypt, we arrived at the Hurghada airport, which I had known as a little barn in the past and which has become a big very modern airport ! A man in uniform asked us with which travel agency we had arrived and then told us to wait outside.

Normally that wouldn't have bothered me, but it was very windy and therefore cool. So I asked the man if my friend and I could wait inside, where he was standing at the entrance hall. There was a bench on the left with two other men sitting there. He looked at me and Nicole and then said, OK, come in and sit down here. The men got up, smiled and we had a nice seat in the warmth, while the others were lined up freezing in the wind like a flock of sheep.

Then the man stood up on his toes and shouted : All old woman can come in ! Nobody came and we laughed our heads off. A more than vintage aged man with a crutch was also asked to come in and sit down, but he proudly refused.


The old women

Then the others could come in and the check in started.



Linking to What happens in your surroundings this week ? and Warm heart Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. HALLO, dear GATTINA!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's good to claim old age and other times deny. My family accuses me of playing the 'old lady card' when it suits me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little laugh about the old ladies on what is now our Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being 'old' is sometimes a bonus. As is being deaf (as I am). Wishing you a very happy Christmas, Gattina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being older is sometimes an advantage:):) Have a merry heist as Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice that you got to come in from the wind. I do hope you come visit later today, as I'm revealing the linky I'm starting in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That story really tickled me this morning. Thanks!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would've happily gone in. I wear "old woman" proudly. :-)
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me laughing. What a cute story.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gattina.

    You are a joy!

    Just a total joy!

    I read this and smiled and laughed and saw your picture and thought, 'Old woman, who?'

    Such a wonderful, warm hearted moment.

    Bless you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !